![]()
Saturday – potty training went well in the morning. He didn’t have any accidents. Then we went to the beach. Russ tried to get him to go in the port-a-john, but to no avail. Then Vince spent most of the rest of the day in the ocean, or sopping wet on the beach, so we kind of let go for a while. I think he held it in, mostly. Vincente fell asleep on the drive home from the beach, so we just put him in bed in his undies and crossed our fingers.
Miracle of miracles, he didn’t pee in his bed! He woke up dry, so I told him to get on the potty as soon as he got out of bed. He threw a fit, though, and finally he asked me to hold him, but he peed his pants just as I was lifting him up. It would have been the best day of potty training had he not peed his pants.
Sunday – our first attempt going out while potty training. We tried to get Vincente to pee before Sacrament meeting, to no avail. Finally, he did pee halfway through Sacrament meeting and then again (a LOT of pee) halfway through the second hour (I hung out in his nursery class to make sure he would go potty, since he’s still not asking to go – although one of the times during Sacrament meeting, he told Papai that is was “potty time” – he didn’t actually pee, though). Anyway, after the second hour, he was getting really tired, and still hadn’t peed again, so we decided to just come home. He fell asleep on the way home, and we just put him in bed in his undies. Hopefully when he wakes up he will be in a better mood and go to the potty. I’m thinking we’ll probably just put him on the potty, whether he wants to go or not. He only had one accident today, before Church, and it was a pooping accident (I was trying to take a nap… so luckily I wasn’t the one who got to clean it up). I’m hoping now that he will poop on the potty – we’ll see.
*as you can see, our camera captures motion very well… as in, it captures THE motion… not “in” motion… but you can get an idea of how excited Vincente was to be wearing “quecas”! I can tell that he loves to wear undies. Last night he even refused to put on a Pull-Up at night! Of course, a few minutes after he had laid down, he wet the bed. After that, he didn’t refuse. But I think it’s great that he wants to wear undies! Now he just has to get used to this potty thing! Oh yes, and the picture of Vince in his camo shirt is from a few months ago when he asked to sit on the potty, but never went pee*
*UPDATE (7/6/09)– Vincente did in fact go poop on the potty on Sunday night! He went when I was at church for a teacher training meeting. I am sooo happy that he pooped on the potty. It’s like that was the big hurdle to overcome on our way to being completely potty trained! He is really good at holding his pee until he needs to go, and if he starts peeing a little, he realizes it and stops and runs to tell us he needs to pee on the potty! Our little man growing up so fast.
Hey, We just potty trained Abigail this past week! It was HELL, but now that she's officially trained it's so nice! It would've been so nice to have you guys here because Abigail and Vincente could've learned from each other! We miss you guys.
ReplyDelete