Wednesday, November 3

Wednesday Wanderings – Gardner Village, Witch Invasion

DSCN3944

DSCN3935A few weeks ago we went down to Gardner Village with my friend Lori and her adorable girls. Russ wasn’t working, so he came along. Mostly we walked around window shopping and seeing how many of the fun witch displays we could see. There were a lot of really cute ones – witches flying from one building to another, witches dancing, a “firefighter” witch spraying water into the pond DSCN3939(I couldn’t get a good picture of Vincente with the witch... all of them made her look like she was peeing into the pond. Sorry. It really is a fire hose...), a “fishing” witch (who was actually throwing dynamite into the pod...), some witches playing baseball, and some witches brewing potions, to name a few.

 

 

DSCN3940

DSCN3942I wish I had snapped a picture of each display, but I was too busy making sure my kids didn’t break stuff. The displays were fun to see, but it was kind of crowded. I think we went during prime “playgroup” time. We didn’t actually do anything other than walk around and look at stuff (which the kids enjoyed). But there is a restaurant (or two?) a petting zoo, a hayride to a haunted house in the evenings, and a candy shop.

The shops are all old houses, and the shops themselves are pretty unique. There are a few quilting stores, several home decor stores, and a few clothing shops. There was also a little baby boutique that had some of the cutest hand-knitted hats I have ever seen. If they had fit Joseline, we may have just bought one for her.

I can’t tell you how much anything costs, since we didn’t actually do anything that cost money, but things in the shops were generally higher end, or hand made, and had accompanying prices.

Ratings:

3star Value – I can’t tell you how much anything costs, since we didn’t actually do anything that cost money, but things in the shops were generally higher end, or hand made, and had accompanying prices. The hayride was pricey, but probably fun (can’t say since I didn’t go) and the petting zoo (from what I could see) wasn’t anything out of the ordinary. Maybe if you could find 2-for-1 coupons for the petting zoo or hayride that might make things better for us cheapskates. Although, just walking around looking at the witches was pretty entertaining – and that part was free! (but you have to go during the Halloween season to catch the witches, FYI)

4star  Location – pretty good – close to us (literally right down the street – mabye a 5 minutes drive down 7800 S in West Jordan). Kind of a pain to get to from I-15 if you’re coming from Utah Valley, since there isn’t an exit at 7800 S, so you probably have to get off down at 9000 S or something.

3star Fun Factor – It was fun for the little kids – they always love walking around and goofing off. It wasn’t quite as entertaining for me and Russ, but I’m sure that we would have had fun on the hayride and haunted house. If we were going to spend some money, we probably would have found a sitter and gone on the hayride for a date. Kissing the witch was a definite + for Russ. Heh.DSCN3946

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for blog-stalking our family! We love to hear from you!