Or is it “Fantastic Five” – hmm... maybe it’s Fantastic Four, so Fabulous Five is perfect.
Five? Years. In about two months, Russ and I will celebrate our five year anniversary! It’s been a long road – a long, challenging road. But I wouldn’t trade any of it for anything. We get along so well, and love each other a lot. I think he’s pretty fabulous.
Anyway, more about all that in a few months.
We’ll be closing on our first home on Friday! It’s about time, is all I have to say about that.
And yes, I am writing this post on Tuesday, even though it’s “Monday Musings” - life has been crazy.
There isn’t much I’m thinking about these days – at least, not much I can sort out.
I’m getting involved in the community – I LOVE being involved in my community. Even though I missed the voter registration deadline because we were moving in. Bummer. So, no voting this year for me, but I’m getting involved anyway! I want to be a parent coach for a sports team for Vincente in the spring. He can do T-ball and soccer when he turns 4. I’m pretty stoked about it. In December we’re going to go observe some piano and violin lessons and see if he would rather take piano lessons or violin lessons, then he’ll start in January! I’m pretty excited about that, too. I would love to teach him either, but I think it will be valuable for him to have good adults in his life who care about him, besides just me and Papai.
I’m playing the piano in the Primary of our Portuguese Ward. And Russ has a pretty fabulous calling, too – but it’s not official until Sunday, so I’ll wait until next week to tell you what it is. I’m excited that I’ll get to be in Primary when Vincente becomes a Sunbeam. He’s learning a lot of Portuguese in this ward, and even asked to say the prayer in Berçario (Nursery) a few weeks ago.
We will probably attend our neighborhood ward every few months just to get to know the neighbors and let them get to know us. We’ll be having a housewarming party here in a few weeks (FINALLY!) and hopefully that will help, too.
Our life is just full of a lot of things, and it’s pretty happy, too. We have to adjust some of our expectations, and some of our plans – but life is about adapting, and changing our plans to make the best out of our circumstances.
Life is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for blog-stalking our family! We love to hear from you!