
Joseline is learning so many new words (in English AND Portuguese). Some of my favorites:
"Mão" - cat (she also says 'gato')
Agua - (water, which she also uses as the word for juice until we correct her and then she will either say 'sumo' or 'jus')
'ctente' - how she says Vincente's name
'cima' - up
'templo' - temple, of course. She recognizes the temples and loves to point them out. We feel blessed to live so close to so many temples.
'finha' - i.e. 'fofinha' - literally 'little soft' but it is the word we use for 'snuggle' which is the word we use for their favorite blankets
'o-mea' - oatmeal
'sammy' - sandwich (which we actually call 'sammy''s, so she's saying this one correctly
'scare' - she uses this word when she gets scared - seriously. The other day she fell off her chair at the kitchen table and when Russ was holding her, she said 'scare!' which meant she was scared.
'appy' - not referencing apps for the iPhone, this is her word for 'apple' (and, coincidentally, 'banana' and all other fruit)
'oo aa' - (monkey sound) this is her word for 'monkey'
'game' - when she wants to play a game on my iPhone
She is working on two word (and more) combos, as well. My favorite so far was when Vince was sitting at the counter and Joss told Russ 'cima ctente' (which, if you see the glossary above you'll know means 'up Vincente'). She was telling us that she wanted to sit up by Vincente. It was awesome.
Russ has a harder time understand Joseline's 'baby Portuguese' than I do. He may speak Portuguese better than I do, but I speak baby better in ANY language! Ha - okay, probably just baby Portuguese, but that's most likely because my Portuguese is closer to baby Portuguese than real Portuguese anyway.
Vincente is like a walking Star Wars soundtrack. He can sing the main themes from just about the entire sound tracks from 5 of the 6 episodes (VI is PG13, so Vince has only seen that one once with Russ).
Last night Russ let him watch A Knight's Tale. He brought up his Ironman action figure sitting on a toy motorcycle and had a baton in his other hand. He said 'Mamãe I want to show you something!' and he proceeded to act out a jousting scene with his ironman, motorcycle, and the baton. It was awesome.
Well, my kids are sweet and beautiful, and that is all. I love my beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful babies.
-- Post on the go
Babes are SO MUCH FUN! Oh my gosh, I'm really looking forward to having kids one day! I used to not be able to understand why people had kids. I mean, they're really expensive and are a lot of work. But I see now that they give you so much love and pride that it makes all the time and money worth it. :-) Your children are so adorable and mommies are supposed to be able to understand what their kids say better than anyone else! lol
ReplyDelete