To market, to market, to buy a fat pig
Home again, home again, jiggety jig.
To market, to market, to buy a fat hog
Home again, home again, jiggety jog.
(this is the final post in a four post series about our trip to Denver)
All good vacations must come to an end, but this trip’s end was a little drawn out (in a good way). We had to take Megann to the airport in the afternoon, but we had to check out of the hotel in the morning, so we found a park near the hotel with a water fountain and all sorts of fun for the kids.
Since it was nice and warm outside, the kids had a blast in the water. Some of the other kids at the park had water guns, so I had to find a water bottle for Vincente to use for a “water gun” – there were some other kids doing the same thing, so he wasn’t totally weird, I promise.
There was a field on the other side of the hotel parking lot that was inhabited by many little prairie dogs. Every time we left the hotel we saw the little guys standing watch at their holes, and sometimes scurrying around looking for food. On our way out after checking out of the hotel, we stopped to take some pictures and I got this cool video of one of them chirping at me like I was going to steal their babies!
We were happy to be home, even if we didn’t get there until about two in the morning. The kids were relatively good on the drive home, but they didn’t really enjoy having to fall asleep in their car seats. But we all survived, and we loved spending time with Megann and her husband and seeing a new place.
I love to travel. I love to see new places, and I’m grateful for the opportunities I have had. And grateful that I got to share them with my kiddos!

Glad you had fun and got to see Megann!
ReplyDelete