The city had a carnival of sorts at the park. There were little roller coasters, a bunch of kid rides, and of course a Ferris wheel (the horrible kind with the bucket seats instead of the bench seats. I hated it…)
The kids loved being there, though. And we even brought Doc. He loved being out and about with us. The kids went on a pony ride. They liked learning the names of the horses. I think Vincente was riding on “Rocky.” (that’s right, like Rocky Balboa – he got a kick out of that).
After the BBQ, we did some little fire crackers and fountains that we had bought. We let the kids do sparklers, too. We bought a huge pack of sparklers from Sam’s – we should have plenty for the next three or four Independence Days…
And of course we had glo-sticks! I think those were the biggest hits, especially after it got dark. We even put a bunch of them on Doc, who didn’t seem to mind the fireworks (apparently that is unusual for a dog – but he seemed to like them as much as the kids did!)
Since we live so close to the city park we had a pretty good view of the fireworks just sitting in our driveway. It was really fun to be able to just sit in our driveway and enjoy the fireworks. We avoided traffic and everything! It was awesome. The display was pretty good. If I had a better camera I would have better pictures, but you’ll just have to accept and iPhone shot and a shot with my point-and-shoot for now. Someday I’ll have a DSLR and I’ll learn how to take photographs of fireworks. That will be cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for blog-stalking our family! We love to hear from you!