Thanks to a generous donation from Grandma Pam and Grandpa Victor (in the form of an old student violin I played on in high school) we were able to buy a violin for Vincente for Christmas! Mom and Dad’s donation covered half of it and we were able to pay off the last half with part of our tax return.
Vincente started violin lessons in March with Elizabeth Burton, one of the best Suzuki violin teachers in Utah. She is so great with Vincente and he loves going to violin lessons. We’re working on focus and obedience – but those are normal things you work on with a five year old. What I love most about his teacher is that she understands that and is so patient with my very creative, very active little genius.
Just look at that kid!
If you missed it before, here is his performance at his very first recital! He enjoys the group class, even though it’s all girls and he doesn’t want to sit next to them in group lesson (they have cooties). I’m sure he’ll reverse his opinion about that all too soon, so I’ll let him think they have cooties for as long as he likes.

So sweet! I will have to ask him to perform for me on skype one day. I miss that little kid so much.
ReplyDelete