Joseline turned 1 on March 23! She’s growing up so fast. Still not walking, but she’s my little sweetheart. She is so precious and snuggly and such a good eater (she ate that whole mini cake above. Probably in under 5 minutes)!
Grandma Shirley bought Joseline a pretty green Easter dress for her birthday (turns out I have two Easter babies!)
After church (and before the cake madness) we did a photo shoot of Joss in her pretty new dress.
We tried to get a few pictures of Joseline with her cousin, Annie, but I don’t think we ever got them to both look at the camera at the same time. I tried to get Joseline to walk – as you can see, she does a great job holding on with one hand.
She didn’t really like the feel of the grass on her feet, and kept trying to inch toward the sidewalk.
I am in love with this little girl. I’ve been listening to the General Young Women’s broadcast on my iPhone, and I just can’t help feeling so blessed to have this beautiful baby in my life – who will one day be a beautiful young woman!
I feel very privileged to be the mother who will get to sit with her at the General YW meetings. To be the mother who gets to teach her to pray and to love Heavenly Father. I am in such awe of this beautiful little girl. I just want to be the best mother for her and Vincente. They are a precious responsibility that Heavenly Father has placed in my hands. I can’t do it without Heavenly Father, I know that for sure. Good thing He’s with me in this child-raising thing.
How does being a mother make you feel? Do you counsel with Heavenly Father every day, pleading with Him to help you be a better mother? Do you feel His strength with you as you strive to be a better mother?
Absolutely yes! I plead in my personal prayers and in my heart throughout the day. I went to the broadcast with some of our YW and the whole time, I was thinking some of those same thoughts. I can't imagine my girls being YW age, but I sure hope I get the chance to be in YW with them at some point.
ReplyDeleteI think about it all the time and pray to be better every day. What a sweet little girl you have! We'll have to get our girls together sometime...when do you guys leave? When do you come back? :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comments, guys! It's such a great blessing to have friends like you!
ReplyDeleteAmy, we will be leaving to take Russ to AZ on May 13th. Then I'll be in AR for almost the rest of the year! 8-o Until October, at which point we'll (hopefully) be moving back to UT. Russ still hasn't solidified his plans for the fall, and after talking to my uncle has become a little more ambitious, so we may not be doing the interpreter school after all :) Let's get together soon!