Saturday, April 24

Take Me Out To The Ball Game

For our preschool theme this week we checked out books about sports, counted balls, played soccer outside, and today we are at a baseball game. City league, not a big huge deal, but still fun! We're enjoyng the fresh spring air and the cool evening breeze. We missed our cooking day, but we had a BBQ on Saturday last week, and then again on Sunday, so we're kind of BBQ'd out. We may make some cracker jacks tomorrow, and we're learning the baseball game song at the game. So far I'm pretty impressed with how our first week of themed preschool has gone! I'm looking forward to next week.


What topic should we focus on next week? Music? Weather? Seasons? Writing? Something else?

-- Post on the go

3 comments:

  1. We just spent about 3 weeks on bugs! There is so much to cover and so many fun things to do. Our culminating activity will be to go to the Bean Museum at BYU and look at their bug collection (and everything else). But then, thanks to you, we are moving on to sports! My other ideas for later in the summer are things like airplanes(before we go a flight to California) and boats (before we go to the island where my parents live.) We already did dinosaurs, but you already know that. I'm not sure what we are going to do after sports yet. I decided i need at least 2 weeks for each unit anyway, so I have a little time. I'm working on my blog so I'll let you know when it is finished and you can see the cool bug, er, I mean Insekten, things we did. It has been a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm - you know what, maybe doing another week on sports is a good idea. Two weeks for a theme certainly gives you a little more time to discover things! We had almost decided on doing plants this week and getting a pot and seed and letting Vincente plant something (we talked about the Adam and Eve story today, and how God made the plants and how Adam and Eve had to take care of them when they left the garden. When I asked Vincente what commandment we should try to keep this week, he said 'Plants!' so... I took that to mean we should plant things ;) )

    I think I will do another sports week. We're going to go to another baseball game tomorrow, so that might be a good idea. And we'll get to do our cooking day (I was really looking forward to doing cracker jacks).

    Thanks for the tips! I can't wait to see your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, I'm going to need help with my blog too. I don't know how to make it cute or make the photos lay out right. You can take a look at the work in progress at mocklearning.blogspot.com

    We're all sick with the flu. I'll talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for blog-stalking our family! We love to hear from you!