Thursday, May 27

Park Day

It’s kind of weird being a mom in the ward I grew up in.

Thankfully, Wednesday was playgroup for the Relief Society, so I took the kids. We’ve been going stir crazy in the house. What, with me moping around all day … every day (not to mention the heat). But I just had to get them out yesterday.

DSCN2725

So we went to Lake Willestein park in Maumelle. It’s about a mile or so away from my parents house – we could have walked, except it is entirely too hot to walk anywhere in Arkansas. Not sure how I did it as a kid. More carefree back then, I guess.

DSCN2734  Joseline was looking particularly adorable yesterday (if I do say so myself). Any she loved those graham crackers! She was also walking a lot more. I think she’s started to realize that walking is much more fixe than crawling (fixe – cool in Portuguese, pronounced like “fish” but with more of a long e sound than a short i sound).

DSCN2730

Vince had a great time with a lot of new playmates. See the flush in his cheeks? I think he rarely got flushed in Monterey. It seems like every time we move here, we get flushed. Even if we’re just getting in the car! I can’t believe how hot it is. This weekend is supposed to be a little cooler, thankfully. Highs in the upper 80s. How’s that for “cool”?DSCN2732

(but don’t you love how green it is! And all the tall trees! Arkansas puts Monterey to shame – as far as green-ness. Although the beach sure beats the pool. Hmm… now that I think of it, the pool water is warmer than the ocean in Monterey, so maybe the pool still beats the beach. At least the beach in Monterey)

2 comments:

  1. Those are the cutest pics of Joseline! I wish Abby had hair! So adorable!! It was 77 here today, supposedly. It only felt like 77 when the clouds would blow away and then the wind stop blowing. Glad to hear about Russ (from the next post) I would be so excited too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Man, it is sooo hot here. I would trade you in a second! But only til the pool opens. 90-100 degree weather is perfect for swimming, in my opinion :)

    If you guys get to move, make sure to email me your address so I can send you a house warming gift! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for blog-stalking our family! We love to hear from you!