How’s that for a title!
Okay, so here is a little post dedicated to my favorite family in the world that has no relation to me! Ha ha :) The Piersons! Seriously, if I could have third family (beyond my immediate family and my in-laws) it would be this family. I want to adopt the whole family!
Pretty much every one of the Piersons have touched my life at some point. Especially during my “formative” years.
They have been Young Women’s leaders, Sunday School teachers, swim teachers, seminary teachers, choir directors, stake Presidents, prom dates, YSA friends, yoga teachers, you name it. Seriously, I just can’t tell you how much I love this family. There are eight children, and of the eight, I can only name two that haven’t had some kind of profound influence on my life.
Today I was able to spend some time with a lot of them, and I got to chat with Sister Pierson (the matriarch of the whole clan) for a while. Her gentle Spirit and sensitivity to spiritual matters has always touched me. She was my seminary teacher for three years, and I think those three years are the most memorable of my entire high school career.
Lindsey, the oldest, is a sure friend, too. She was my YW President for several years, too. I baby sat her kids, held her new born babies, and learned a LOT from her. She may not know it, but I want to be just like her. Her example as a mother has been really influential for me.
The great thing about these people is that I am still learning from them. Their influence is so far reaching, and their spirits so strong that you can’t help but love them and want to be part of them!
Anyway, I just really had a great time today with their family. They have really been just amazing examples to me. How I love them so much.
That said… I miss my real family – Russ, and his sweetness. I can’t wait for him to be by my side again. I love the relationship we have, and I love that we love each other. I pray every day for strength to make it through this summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for blog-stalking our family! We love to hear from you!