Wednesday, June 9

Riverfest 2010

The balloon glow on the north side of the river, seen from the south side of the river. That morning these balloons launched in Maumelle (fourth picture) and flew down the river, landing by the river. After dark, the pilots and teams do what is called a “glow” – they fire their balloons in sequence, so that the balloons light up like Christmas lights! It’s fun to watch, and was a nice way to end a great day at Riverfest.

At the International Village stage – the Kenyan Safari Acrobats. They did some cool jumping over fire stuff, too (see picture below). And please excuse the young lady to the right… she and her mom decided to stand in front of us pretty much the entire time. Try as I might, I couldn’t manage to get a good shot without getting their back sides in the picture. Finally I politely asked them to move, and five minutes later the show ended. *duh*

DSCN2851

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for blog-stalking our family! We love to hear from you!