This past week has been crazy. It went something like this:
Piano lessons, tutoring, rolled ankles, lack of running/exercise = cranky mamãe, making homemade pizza and pizza cookie = happy mamãe, swimming lessons (in which Vincente nearly drowns – but that’s another post), bachelorette parties (in which there is no drinking, but lots of laughter and conversation with a bunch of really smart ladies – a vet, a lawyer, a business owner, and an accountant. Whoa.), wedding preparations, wedding ceremony and reception, and finally a day of rest.
I attended the wedding of Megann Hamlin (now Edwards) on Saturday (picture at left with Jannae – one of the bridesmaids, and hopefully a soon-to-be bride ;) ) – the last of three weddings for this summer – phew!
I feel really blessed to have been able to attend so many weddings this summer! I have been thinking about my own marriage, and the beautiful covenants that I made that day.
I am so grateful for my knowledge and testimony of eternal families, and of the blessings of making covenants in the Lord’s temples. I found myself feeling very grateful for the covenants that Russ and I made in the house of the Lord. And wanting to live those covenants better and more fully. There is an earnest desire in me to live the gospel – a burning that guides my actions, and brings me to my knees when I come up short.
And I am so grateful for the atonement – the love of Christ and God – that allows me to be better than I was before. Sunday was a much needed day of rest for me. I love the chance to reflect and be taught by the Spirit.
I posted some more motherhood thoughts over on my scripture blog. About the story of Ammon and motherhood.
I am going to post a “Monday Musings” post each Monday – just my thoughts, maybe a few pictures, and hopefully some of my testimony – because I need to share it more often.
This week I will be posting lots of pictures from our fun activities last week – and we’ll be visiting the puppies so I’ll probably write an entire post about them.
And don’t forget to check out my first ever giveaway – going on now!
How was your week? Does Sunday refresh you like it refreshes me? (I can’t live without Sunday!) What blessings are you grateful for?
My Sundays are always so refreshing. Last Sunday was no exception. We heard from the Buttlers in Sacrament Meeting (did you ever know them when you lived in the Willows?) Well, they spoke about pioneers, and I teared up. This is something very shocking for me, since I never cry, (I do not have the weeping gift of the spirit) but the pioneer's stories do it for me every time:) Sounds like you had a great time at that wedding. And if that's a Seven Brides for Seven Brothers reference, I LOVE that movie (so does the rest of my family.)
ReplyDeleteIt's funny - the Seven Brides is a reference to that movie, but I've never actually seen it :) I know - lame-o. And I didn't actually go to seven weddings - just three. Thought I would be a little over-dramatic, you know ;)
ReplyDelete