No, I’m not talking about the TV show. I’m talking about my age, as of 3 am this morning.
Yes, it’s true – today is my birthday. It came quietly, and it’s going to go quietly, like any other day this year – mostly because no one really knows where I am, and the only people I have around me are my 3 year old, and my 1 year old. Birthdays don’t mean a whole lot to them. I did tell Vince it was my birthday today, which seemed to make him happy. And then I asked him how old I was... that stumped him.
I plan on picking up a cake and candles later today, and for dinner we’re going to fire up the grill (if it would stop raining... just perfect... a rainy birthday).
Anyway, a friend suggested that I blog a “self portrait” for my birthday. Now, I don’t think I’m particularly interesting, and I don’t even really know what “self portrait” means – so I’ve posted a picture of me, and maybe I’ll talk about the significant things that have happened to me since my last birthday.
- We’ve moved... three times...
– Russ finished a 18 month long Chinese course (thank goodness)
– I started tutoring for tutor.com
– I chopped off all my hair (twice)
– we got two little puppies, who have been a blessing and a curse...
– we found a house (cross your fingers)
Basically it’s been a stressful year, and hopefully the stress level will go down as 2010 comes to a close... not likely, but we’ll cross our fingers for it...
Happy birthday! Love your hair :)
ReplyDeletehappy birthday!!!! so much has happened for you in 24 short years and you have 2 angels to show for it...you should be so proud of yourself! give vincente um beijinho pra mim :)
ReplyDeleteMy neice asked my mother and I the other day which one of us was older. hmmm... 28 vs 60. 24 is a great age. Congratulations. I'll make you a cake when you get into town! Yea!!!!!
ReplyDelete