Tuesday, August 24

In The Lead

What Vincente was found doing during choir practice a few Sundays ago:

IMG_0006

IMG_0012If you hadn’t noticed – life has kind of imploded for me this summer. But it hasn’t been all bad.

I’ve met a lot of way cute ladies new to the ward I grew up in (who will probably move out after a few years – they are wives of residents at the hospitals, law students at UALR, and various other long-term temporary engagements). But that’s okay, because I’m moving out before any of them! (a lot earlier... but that’s a post for another day)

IMG_6378  We bought two of the most adorable puppies EVER (and they are already pretty well behaved – they (mostly) potty outside, and not in their crate, although sometimes they have accidents in the morning because... well, they really just can’t hold it. IMG_6421They are learning to not pull on the leash  - also hard for them to because they are puppies, and puppies like to smell, chew, pee, and run around. Not really conducive to staying on a leash. The biggest achievement is that they will STAY!!  Seriously! I can open a door, tell them to “fica” (although it’s probably a different form of the verb, since technically I’m talking to you(pl). DSCN3568I’m sure Russ will correct me on that eventually), and they STAY. Not for very long, but they do it! I can get them to stay in their crate with the door open, too. Amazing! They are super smart (and super stupid sometimes – like today when they tied themselves to a tree. Ha ha it was hilarious)! I love them! And apparently they love me. But maybe that’s just because I feed them, let them go potty outside, throw their toys, and give them loving pets (even though I can’t stand the “dog” smell, or the shedding).

I am beyond ready to be back with Russ. Soon. Real soon.

2 comments:

  1. Good job on getting them to stay! They will get better as time goes on. Hopefully, they will get out of the habit of chewing on people's shoes eventually. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vince is so cute and is getting so big! I bet all the ladies got a kick out of him! Cute dogs. I loved and hated the puppy stage, but ya love them :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for blog-stalking our family! We love to hear from you!