I need a vacation.
Badly.
Thankfully we found this house to live in down in Arizona and we’ll be staying close to post. We’ll get to see Russ a little, and have a backyard, and there are some fun things to do in Arizona. I have declared September as the month of perpetual vacation.
We’ll also be closing on our house in September, which will be the crowning glory of this summer (along with Russ’ graduation).
It’s been a long summer and I’m just glad it’s almost over.
Looking back, I’m trying to figure out what good things came out of this summer. A lot of things, I’m sure. I learned a lot. I mean a lot. It has been really good for me. I don’t know that I grew a lot this summer, but I think this summer has planted the seeds for growth for the next several years.
I have met a lot of really neat people, and I have been on the receiving end of some really great service and blessings.
I have become stronger – I can run nearly 6 miles without a problem, and I could probably do more than that, but I’ve put running on the back burner right now.
I wish I could say that my testimony has been strengthened, but I think it has been mostly stagnant. I think I will spend the next few days working on that. Throw myself into prayer and the scriptures. Figure out what Heavenly Father wants me to be doing right now (rather than just “waiting” for the summer to end). That kind of thing. I’ll definitely let you know how it goes.
By the way, if you haven’t yet, go here and create your Mormon.org profile – and share the mormon.org website with anyone and everyone!
I enjoyed meeting you this summer :) Have funny on "vacation," and good luck w/ strengthening your testimony! That's something I need to work on too!
ReplyDeleteKatie, I enjoyed meeting you and hanging out with you and Chase! Your family is wonderful, and you guys are definitely some of the people that made this summer worth it! :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your testimony building as well!
Every time I take the puppies to the vet I think about you and how cool it would be to have you be my puppies' vet ;)
Thanks! We live in Columbia, MO by the way. It's about 2 hours West of St. Louis. I forgot to say that earlier :)
ReplyDelete