Wednesday, August 25

Wednesday Wanderings – Theo Chocolate

When we were in Seattle this past weekend, we spent some time as a family on Monday visiting various places in Seattle – getting out to bond and try to forget the sad event that got us all together – at least for a few hours.

My favorite place we went was Theo Chocolate, a chocolate factory in Seattle.

Yum.

Picture this:

You walk into Theo Chocolate from a downtown street in Seattle. As you walk in the door, you see little pedestals with chunks of chocolate for taste-testing, and the bars conveniently placed next to the samples for easy access once you become addicted to their chocolate.

The chocolate is organic, sustainable, and most of it is dark chocolate. 70% to be exact. They also have a 91% chocolate bar (very bitter!) and a few milk chocolate bar.

But my favorite?

The cacao nibs. Basically they are cacao beans that have been roasted and crushed. YUM. It’s like a big burst of caffeine and antioxidants! Talk about a rush! I wonder what would happen if you brewed them like coffee....

So far I have eaten them plain (they have a nutty chocolaty taste) and my favorite – over hot oatmeal with a little brown sugar and walnuts and almonds. Talk about breakfast of champions! I had to buy the 1 lb bag because ... well, they are that good. And I don’t really want to have to buy and ship from their website if I can help it (although some health food stores carry their chocolate, I don’t know about the nibs... yum nibs).

You can read about their story here.

What I like the most about Theo Chocolate is that they are concerned about sustainability, health, and chocolate! Basically the best combination I could ever think of.

Your job: Go to their store locator, find a place near you that sells their chocolate, and go get some. Yum. You won’t be disappointed (seriously – even their dark chocolate is delish. Super delish).

Now for the ratings:

Ratings:

Value -

4starThe chocolate is a little pricey (at $4 for a 3oz bar), but it is very good, organic, and sustainable – so that has to count for something! I’m just taking into consideration that most people wouldn’t pay $4 for that little amount of chocolate. But it does help you savor it (I haven’t even broken into my bars from the trip! I guess I got my fill taste-testing... yum...)

Location -

5star  Five stars because it’s downtown Seattle – and there is SO much stuff to do in Seattle that you’re not driving forever out of your way just to get some good chocolate (although it totally would be worth it!)

Fun Factor -

3star

Three stars because – I mean, seriously... how much fun can you have tasting chocolate? But the tour would probably have been more entertaining, but we just taste-tested chocolate and bought more chocolate than we should (oh, and did I mention we got a F&F discount!? It pays to know Darla! – my cousin. Also a Doula – who I am going to fly to wherever I live when I have my next child).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for blog-stalking our family! We love to hear from you!